The command to Run is Go!
A good computer user always uses only keyboard to operate his/her PC. For that user, he/she needs to know many commands or shortcuts.
But what if you can create your own shortcuts?
Here I am going to demonstrate how to create run menu command;
Let me take an example of how to create a run command for the Internet explorer. Here is how you can do that.
1. Right click on your Desktop and select New -> Shortcut.
2. You’ll see a “Create Shortcut” Dialog.
3. Click on “Browse”, navigate to: Program Files -> Internet Explorer (from C:\) and select “iexplore” and click on “OK”.
4. Now click on “Next” and type any name for your shortcut. You can choose any name as per your choice, which will be your customized “Run command”. In my case, I named my shortcut as “ie”.
Then Click on “Finish”.
5. You will see a shortcut named “ie” on your desktop. All you need to do is just copy the shortcut and paste it in your Windows folder (usually “C:/Windows”). (Once you have copied the shortcut onto your Windows folder, you can delete the one on your Desktop.)
6. Now just open the Run dialog box, type ie and hit Enter to open the Internet Explorer.